Tropical Kale and Hempseed Salad with Citrus Ginger Dressing
Cedella Marley’s tropical kale salad is so quick and easy that you can eat it anytime. The citrus ginger dressing, made from Ziggy’s Lemon Ginger Coconut Oil, brightens the flavor and the Ziggy’s hempseeds add protein.
- One head of kale, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow mango, peeled and cut into ¼” dice
- 1 onion (red or yellow), cut into ¼” dice
- 1 cup grated green papaya
- ¼ cup Ziggy Marley’s Hemp Rules™ Shelled Hempseeds
- 4 Tablespoons Ziggy Marley’s Coco’Mon™ Lemon Ginger Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (about a half a lemon)
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Toss all salad ingredients, except the hempseeds, in a large bowl
2. Puree all the dressing ingredients in a small blender or food processor.
3. Pour dressing over the salad mixture and toss.
4. Sprinkle hempseeds over top.
Notes: This is just enough dressing to lightly coat the salad depending on the amount of kale. Feel free to double the dressing recipe if you prefer a heavier dressed salad and store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator.