Triple Threat Spicy Corn Souffle
If it comes from Cedella Marley’s kitchen, you know if has to be good! Pair with Marley Coffee Vegetarian Chili for a delicious meal.
- Butter – Enough to grease pan and sauté the onions
- 4 cups corn kernels, divided into 3 cups and 1 cups
- 2 cups milk cup each
- 2 Tablespoons Coco’Mon™ Original Coconut Oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 2 hot cherry peppers, diced
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup cornmeal
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped, and some to garnish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
1. Heat oven to 350° F and grease a cast iron pan or medium casserole dish with butter.
2. In a food processor, combine 3 cups of corn kernels and 1 cup of milk. Pulse several times or until about half of the corn is pureed.
3. Melt some butter in a sauce pan over medium-high heat and sauté onions and 3 kinds of peppers until soft.
4. Sprinkle with flour and cook until golden brown (a couple of minutes)
5. Add remaining cup of milk and beaten egg. Whisk until smooth. Cook, whisking often, until thick and smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir in corn mixture, the remaining 1 cup of corn kernels, cornmeal, brown sugar, thyme, parsley and ½ of the cheese.
7. Pour mixture into the casserole dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until cheese is golden and beginning to brown.
9. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.