Crunchy Sesame Hemp Tofu
This is the perfect dish to serve anyone who thinks they don’t like tofu. It’s scrumptious!
- 1 lb. tofu, extra-firm (not silken)
- 1⁄2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce (available in the Asian section of most grocery stores)
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic granules
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup Hemp Rules™ Shelled hempseeds
- 1 tablespoon dry cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons rice flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 4 tablespoons Coco’Mon™ Original Coconut Oil
1. Cut the tofu into eight slabs. Press the tofu between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. Remove the tofu from the paper towels and cut it into triangles that are about two inches in size. Place the pieces in a single layer on a plate. Sprinkle evenly with the garlic granules and tamari.
3. Place the sesame seeds, hempseeds, cornmeal, and flour in a large plastic bag and shake well to combine.
4. In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium heat (do not heat above 350 F).
5. Place several of the tofu triangles in the bag and gently shake to thoroughly coat the tofu
with the breading. When the oil in the pan becomes hot, add the tofu in a single layer. When the tofu pieces are golden brown and crisp on the bottom, turn them over. When both sides are golden and crisped, remove and drain on paper towels.
6. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all of the tofu has been used up. Serve immediately, drizzled
with the sweet chili sauce.
Makes 4 servings