Cedella Marley has created a seasonal sensation – Pumpkin Chili!
- 2 cups dried kidney beans, soaked overnight in 5 cups of water
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 minced scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 tablespoon Coco’Mon™ Original coconut oil
- 3 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 package veggie crumbles
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
1. In a large pot, bring soaked beans in water, 3 cloves smashed garlic, ginger and coconut milk to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until beans are soft.
2. In a separate pan, sauté onion, bell pepper, minced garlic and scotch bonnet pepper in coconut oil until translucent.
3. Add all remaining ingredients to the pot of beans, add the sautéed peppers and onions as well. Simmer chili over low heat for at least 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.