Lemon Ginger Pineapple Cake
Scrumptious, moist, nutrient-dense, and bursting with tropical flavors.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup Ziggy Marley Coco’Mon™ Lemon Ginger Coconut Oil
- 20 oz. can pineapple chunks (in their own juice), drained (juice reserved)
- ¾ cup raw agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Generously oil an 8 x 8-inch baking pan and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, place the flour, soda, salt, and flaxseed meal. Whisk together until well mixed. Set aside.
3. In a medium pan, melt the Coco’Mon oil. Stir in the pineapple juice (not chunks), agave, vinegar, and vanilla. Stir to combine well. Pour this mixture into the dry mixture. Stir them together gently, just until thoroughly combined.
4. Place the pineapple chunks in the bottom of the oiled baking pan. Pour the cake mix over the pineapple chunks into the pan.
5. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the cake is very golden-browned and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool slightly. To serve, cut into 9 pieces and scoop out each piece, making sure to include the pineapple that’s on the bottom. Enjoy!