Jamaican Rice and Peas
- 1 medium sized can of red kidney beans
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Ziggy Marley’s Coco’Mon™ Lemon Ginger Coconut Oil
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (whole, do not chop)
- 2 cups of rice
1. Drain the liquid from the can of beans into a measuring cup and add the can of coconut milk with enough water to make four cups of liquid.
2. Put the liquid in a pot with beans, onion, garlic, thyme and oil. Bring to a boil.
3. Add rice and stir for a minute. Reduce heat to Medium-Low.
4. Place scotch bonnet pepper on top of liquid and cover. Cook for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
5. Remove scotch bonnet pepper before serving.
From the sweet kitchen of Ms. Rose