Jamaican Jerk Vegan Chicken
Rhea (The “V” Word – Voted #1 Vegan Blog of 2013 on SkinnyScoop.com) has an outstanding vegan blog and has shared some wonderful vegan recipes.
- ¼ cup gluten-free tamari
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs. gluten-free, vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chile pepper, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 bag soy curls
- 1 Tbs. Ziggy Marley Coco’Mon™ Original coconut oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
1. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Put the soy curls in a large bowl and add hot water to cover them. Let them sit and rehydrate for 10 minutes. Drain the soy curls, gently squeeze them dry and return them to the bowl.
3. Add the marinade and toss to coat the soy curls. Let marinate for at least 15-20 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove the soy curls from the marinade and pat dry. Add the soy curls to the skillet and toss to coat in the oil. Let cook, flipping the soy curls every few minutes, until they are slightly crisp and heated through, about 20 minutes.
5. Add the parsley and serve while hot.