Indian Mung Bean Curry
Delicious plain or over brown rice.
- 1 cup dry mung beans
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1½ teaspoons dried coriander
- 3 cups water
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Coco’Mon™ Curry Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Place the beans, cumin, coriander, and water in a pot with a tight fitting lid.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 45 minutes, or until the beans are very tender.
3. Stir in all of the remaining ingredients (all but the cilantro). Stir well
4. Serve topped with the cilantro.
Makes about 4 servings
From the kitchens of Tess Challis – Making Radiant Health Delicious