Holiday Sweet Potato & Parsnips
Not only are sweet potatoes nutritionally dense, they are so delicious. They have been called one of America’s original super foods.
- 4-6 parsnips, peeled and cubed (¾” to 1”)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (¾” to 1”)
- 1 lemon – For juice and grated for lemon zest
- 2 Tbs. Ziggy Marley’s Coco’Mon™ Lemon Ginger Coconut Oil + 1 Tbs. for drizzle
- Garnish – Chopped parsley, lemon zest
1. Toss the cubed sweet potatoes and parsnips with lemon juice (about ½ of what you get from a fresh lemon or 1-1½ tablespoons) and a teaspoon of Lemon Ginger coconut oil.
2. Place a tablespoon of Lemon Ginger coconut oil in a sauté pan, and sauté the sweet potatoes & parsnips on med-high heat until cooked & a little crispy on the outside.
3. For more depth of flavor stir in a little lemon zest & add remaining 2 teaspoons of Lemon Ginger Coconut Oil at the end to your taste.
4. Garnish with a favorite topping like chopped parsley.