Caribbean Crunch Potato Cakes
Delicious, easy to make, and filled with all sorts of goodness!
- 3 small-medium potatoes, peeled and cooked (1½ cups potato flesh)
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose gluten-free flour)
- ¼ cup Coco’Mon™ Curry coconut oil
- ½ cup minced onion (white or yellow)
- 2 tablespoons nondairy milk, plain and unsweetened
- 4 medium-large garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup Hemp Rules™ Caribbean Crunch hempseeds
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Place the potatoes in a bowl and mash them, using your hands or a potato masher.
3. Add the flour, coconut oil, onion, milk, garlic, and salt into the potatoes. Stir well until thoroughly combined.
4. Spray a baking sheet lightly with oil and set aside. Scoop out the potato mixture in ¼ cup increments and form into ½-inch thick patties. Coat each side with the hempseeds and place on the baking sheet. Spray the tops with the oil and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and flip the patties over (gently). Bake for another 15 minutes and serve.
Makes 7 potato cakes