Banana Bread with Hemp
A healthy, hearty twist on banana bread.
- 3 mashed bananas (use very ripe bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup Coco’Mon™ Original coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla soy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all-‐purpose gluten-‐free flour)
- 1⁄2 cup each: whole wheat flour (or all-‐purpose gluten-‐free flour) and dry cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup plus 3 tablespoons organic sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon each: baking soda, baking powder, ground nutmeg, and sea salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 tablespoon Hemp Rules™ Shelled hempseeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in the oil, yogurt, and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, cornmeal, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and 3 tablespoons of the hempseeds. Stir well.
4. When the dry ingredients are thoroughly combined and lump-‐free, add them to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir them together with a spoon just until well mixed.
5. Lightly oil a loaf pan and pour the batter into it. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of hempseeds.
6. Bake for an hour, or until the bread is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. This bread is especially delicious served warm.
Makes about 10 slices of bread